G.P.A., Play it Smart” is a television series established to help Hawaii’s families identify with preparing for college, graduating from college and contributing to communities after college through the use of local student athletes as role models and mentors. As a non- profit organization, Education-1st Hawaii’s purpose is to help motivate youth and their families to graduate with a college degree and to contribute back to society while working in a career.
We believe that “G.P.A., Play it Smart” will attract youth of all ages and their families. Every show will highlight three student athletes at different stages of the college process: preparing for college in high school, working towards a degree in college, and contributing back to Hawaii’s communities after graduating from college.
Here are some of the great student athletes we have been able to highlight.
- Manti Te’o-Punahou High School
- Trenson Akana-BYU Hawaii
- Mufi Hanneman-Harvard University Graduate, Mayor of the City of Honolulu
- Sarah Palmer-HPA
- Raceen Woolford-UH, Miss Hawaii
- Rocky Savaiinaea, UH
- Rich Miano, UH, Former NFL Star
- Junior AhYou, Arizona State, Former CFL and Hall of Famer
- Andrew Manly, Leilehua High School
- Beau Yap, Kamehameha School
- Hauoli Jamora, Kahuku High School
- Chelsy Okuma, Kaiser High School
- Chloe Maeshiro, Hawaii Pacific University
- Alisa-Lende Kane, Myron B. Thompson Academy
Other shows will highlight a variety of student athletes both male and female in high school, college and in a career. If you have a recommendation we welcome your input. Stay tuned and watch for the next show on OC 16. Thank you to Mitzi Lehano, VP for Programming at OC 16 for her support in our mission to help impact families and communities.
Show time schedule on OC 16
- Sunday-1:30 pm
- Monday-2 am
- Tuesday-3:30 pm
- Wednesday-6:00 pm
- Thursday-12:30 am, 4:30 pm
- Friday-No showing
- Saturday-9:30 am
If you are interested in doing a 30 second commercial on the 30 minute show, please send an email to email@example.com or call (808) 391-2054.